Nacelle V2 currently uses the 2022-04 release of Shopify's Storefront API to support the integration between Nacelle and Shopify storefronts. Shopify will be deprecating this version on April 1st, 2023. Nacelle has automatically updated the Shopify connector to support version 2023-01, the latest, stable version of the Shopify Storefront API; however, to continue using Shopify Metafields via your Nacelle space an important update is required.
Due to changes in the way that Metafields are exposed via the Shopify Storefront API, Nacelle must now fetch metafield data via Shopify's Admin API. If you would like to continue to take advantage of Shopify Metafield values with Nacelle the following changes are required.
Sign into your Shopify Account
Head on over to the Nacelle app
1. Click on Apps
2. Click on App and Sales Channel settings
3. Click on Develop apps
4. Click on the Nacelle app
Next, we need to enable some additional scopes.
1. Click on Configuration, followed by the Admin API 'edit button'
2. Check the following boxes to grant Nacelle access (you can use control+f to find them quickly)
Next, we can copy the Admin Token ID
1. Click on "API Credentials"
2. Click "reveal once" next to the Admin API Access token
3. Copy that value
Let's add it to the Nacelle Shopify Connector!
1. Navigate to your V2 space
2. Click "Space Settings" on the left nav
3. Click the "data connectors" tab
4. Click the ellipses to 'edit' the Shopify Connector
5. Paste the value into the "Admin Access Token" field!
All done! Nice work. You are now prepared for Shopify's deprecation, and should not experience a disruption in service
Please sign in to leave a comment.