Maybe you are thinking about making the jump to headless, or maybe you’ve already made the leap and left the blog data behind in a separate subdomain. Whatever the case may be, you find yourself wondering: Is it worth it to do a blog migration into my CMS? Let’s find out!
Problem Statement (the two most common scenarios):
- The blog is a spaghetti code disaster held together with duct tape and Wordpress
- The blog is just fine on Shopify, but is just fine… just fine?
For those feeling the ennui of Shopify’s blog builder, dare to be different! With a CMS like Contentful, Sanity, or Storyblok, you can bake your brand identity directly into the blog experience. Gone are the dime a dozen templates, now you can unleash the creativity of your content creators to craft a blog experience unique to your brand!
The benefits don’t stop there! Other advantages include:
Hosting your blog as part of your headless website
- A blog article is sometimes a user’s first experience with your brand. Don’t you want that experience to be as amazing as possible? With Static Site Generation, a blistering CDN, and headless best practices, the same lightning-fast load times and app-like experience can be had by your blog users!
Integrating a path to purchase
- If the blog lives outside the primary website, visiting a PDP or PLP feels like a redirect, both in theory and in load times. Bring the blog into the PWA fold, and suddenly a ‘check out this related product’ feels less like an ad and more like a thoughtful offer to reap the benefits the user was just reading about! All without leaving the site.
Repeatability and System Efficiency
- The headless site already has a hoster and a CMS. Less is more! Say goodbye to disparate systems, say hello to one home for content! Once the blog is built into the content model, content creators will be able to easily execute new content, in a CMS they feel empowered (rather than constricted) by.
- With Nacelle, blog content is indexed and delivered via our headless-first API, just like product and content data. Blogs get to be a part of the regular development and deployment process! The same API, the same framework, and the same benefits of headless architecture can now apply to the blog!
A blog is a powerful tool: for SEO, for customer loyalty, and for brand differentiation. As your headless partner, we look forward to helping you make the leap to headless blogs.
If you have any questions, your Customer Success Manager is standing by to assist you!